Frequently Asked Questions
What is the cancellation policy?
See our cancellation policy page here.
What is the best time of day to stand up paddle board?
Mornings are by far the best time to paddle board in our area. Generally, by the afternoon, winds pick up and make things more difficult. This is why our start times for hourly rentals are 9am and 11am.
Of course, this is just a general rule. On any given day, we can still have a windy morning. If you are scheduled for a morning rental and the winds are too strong to paddle safely, we will offer you a refund or allow you to reschedule for another date.
What is the weight limit for stand up paddle boarding?
Our boards are rated for up to 310lbs for proficient paddlers by the manufacturer. If you are new to stand up paddle boarding, the manufacturer recommended weight limit is 255lbs.
What is the minimum age to participate?
If you plan to paddle board anywhere subject to tidal waters (Barnegat Bay or Double Creek), regardless of age, you need to be strong enough to paddle back to your starting point. If your child fails to demonstrate an ability to maintain full control of his or her board at all times or lack the strength required to safely participate, we reserve the right to deny participation or end the session early.
All paddlers under 18 must be accompanied by at least one adult.
What is the recommended location to paddle board in Ocean County?
By far, our recommended paddle board drop-off point is Toni G’s Marina in Barnegat. Toni G’s Marina is not open for public access, however NJ Padddle Board Rentals offers exclusive access to this location when you rent through us.
This location is situated right at the Double Creek bridge. This unique location allows you to start your journey with immediate access to vast winding waterways in the flattest, calmest water our area has to offer. You have the option of paddleboarding through the lagoon system and wildlife areas, as well as having immediate access to the Barnegat Bay.
How does this rental thing work?
We take the hassle out of transporting and lugging around boards and equipment! We offer hourly SUP rentals at Toni G’s Marina in Barnegat. Please call us to make a reservation, as we are only at the marina by appointment.
We also offer weekly rentals throughout the Ocean County area (LBI,Manahawkin,Barnegat,Lacey). We deliver and pick up the equipment at no extra cost to you.
What do I need to bring?
- Signed waivers for each member of your group
- Flip Flops or water shoes – Our rental boards are equipped with straps and storage bags which will allow you to strap your shoes out of the way while paddling.
- Towel – We provide a water resistant dry-bag with all of our rentals. We suggest keeping a towel in the dry bag, in the event you get wet and want to dry off.
- Bathing suit
- Sunglasses – We suggest sunglasses with a strap if possible
- Drinking Water – Stay hydrated in the hot summer sun!
- Bug Spray! Depending on wind direction, New Jersey’s Green Head flies can be a nuisance. Bring bug spray just in case!
- If you are arriving by foot (Not leaving a vehicle), we need a credit card for damages/loss of equipment deposit and photo ID.
Is Stand-Up Paddleboarding difficult to learn?
No, stand up paddleboarding is a relatively easy watersport to learn! Our lagoons and marshlands here in Barnegat, NJ offer some of the flattest, beginner-friendly water to make for an enjoyable first time paddleboarding experience. Most of our first time paddlers will pick up the basic skills needed to enjoy a full day on the water within the first 15 minutes!